We Fight For Food Forum
We Fight For Food Forum
We Fight For Food Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Fight For Food guild's/kinship's discussion board :)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Road to Rohan and Beyond...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bataltius

Bataltius

The Road to Rohan and Beyond... Empty
PostSubject: The Road to Rohan and Beyond...   The Road to Rohan and Beyond... I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 7:02 pm

Hello All,

I see that many of you are progressing through the dark and depressing realm of Moria and are looking forward to the time when your toon(s) will see daylight again!

After Moria, you will likely level in the areas of Mirkwood, Lothlorien, and the Great River. These areas are quite straight-forward (find a quest giver, do the quest, hand-in, rinse and repeat) so I won't bother addressing many things in these areas.

After doing the quests, you should find yourself somewhere around level 75 and now it is onto Rohan...

Here is where some things get a little more complicated and where this mini-guide should help guide you along your way.

I. How do I get into Rohan?

Well there are two ways... One way is to ride directly into Rohan via the south road from the Great River (South of Lothlorian). The other way is to start Epic Quest Volume III: Book VI. In order to do this, you will need to talk to Lady Galadriel [15.4S, 66.9W] in the Caras Galadhon area of Lothlorien.

I would suggest the latter option as you would need to "ride into Rohan" twice if you do the first way.

II. Where do I get my war horse?

You will not get your war horse and be able to partake in mounted combat just yet. You will need to complete the quest arc in the first area of Rohan (Langhold) before you eventually end up in Harwick and will receive your mount and training.

III. Which type of mount do I get?

There are 3 types of war-steeds in Rohan: Light, Medium, and Heavy.

Everyone without exception begins with a "medium" steed when you first acquire it from the trainer in Harwick. To begin differentiating your steed into its class, you add points to the appropriate class (under steed traits -> CRTL+M, there is a dropdown where you can choose to add points to light, medium or heavy).

Any class can ride any class of steed (this does not depend on your armour class!), but choose whichever type of steed fits your playing style best.

A Light steed: is fast and nimble. It accelerates quickly and can gain fury (adds more potency to your attacks) faster than all other classes. It is more manouverable than other classes but has weaker endurance and armour.

A Heavy steed: is a tank. If you like to stand still and go head to head with your opponent, the heavy is for you. It can take massive amounts of damage before throwing you off but you will not be able to easily ride circles around your enemies.

A Medium steed: you guessed it, is the middle of the pack. A good balance between speed and the ability to take damage.

IV. What is a Bridle

No you're not getting married Smile A bridle is like a Legendary Item (LI) for your war-steed. Same rules and regulations for LIs apply to bridles. The only thing that differs is that there are no settings, runes, or gems that can be slotted into your bridle, just a crafted item (your friendly guilded scholar should be able to help you with this!).

V. End Game Items

Once you reach level 85 (this will happen likely before you finish all of the quests in Rohan) head straight for Hytbold (you will receive a mail item in-game) and start on the following guide:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You will also have many opportunities to run "skraids" when you reach 85. You will want to do these to gain marks and medallions as well as obtain rare items for LIs such as

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As always, if you have any questions, make a post on the board or ask me when I'm in-game and I will do my best to help you.

Adventure well and kill often!

Back to top Go down
SIBBA

SIBBA

The Road to Rohan and Beyond... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Road to Rohan and Beyond...   The Road to Rohan and Beyond... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 3:04 pm

Very Good !!
Back to top Go down

The Road to Rohan and Beyond...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We Fight For Food Forum :: Lord of The Rings online :: Game guides-
Jump to: